Jump to Navigation
Serving Central and South TexasCall 210-479-8899

Texas Residential Construction Claims Process

Texas Residential Construction Claims Process

Further, you may have claims or causes of action against the contractor or subcontractors who provided defective workmanship, materials, or structural features to your home. In order to pursue a cause of action against a builder, certain prerequisites need to be met. First, you may need to file a written complaint with the Texas Residential Construction Commission by submitting a complaint to the Texas Residential Construction Commission, Attn: Complaints, Post Office Box 13144, Austin, Texas 78711, by fax to (512) 463-9507, or by email to [email protected] The procedure for filing this complaint can be found at www.trcc.state.tx.us. After your complaint is filed, both the complainant and builder named in the complaint will be notified if the complaint falls within the commission's jurisdiction. If it is within the commission's jurisdiction, both the complainant and builder will be provided with information on how to further pursue action on the complaint. If you have any questions on how to file a general complaint with the commission, please contact the TRCC toll-free at (877) 651-TRCC.
For most residential construction, a party who is unsatisfied with the quality of his/her home must request a state sponsored inspection through the Commission. The state-sponsored inspection and dispute resolution process (SIRP) is a neutral administrative process available to resolve post-construction disputes between builders and homeowners prior to pursuing other legal action. A homeowner may request SIRP by filling out a SIRP request form and providing detailed information regarding his/her concerns to the Commission. If a homeowner is requesting the SIRP, the builder must be provided at least thirty (30) days written notice of any alleged defects in the home before making a request for the SIRP. Certified mail is the recommended delivery method so that proof of this notice can be provided. If you have any questions on how to file a request for the SIRP or need more detailed instructions on completing the SIRP forms, you may contact the Commission at (877) 651-TRCC or utilize the commission website.

Do not delay in investigating your rights under the Commission, in seeking legal counsel to determine your legal options, or in obtaining assistance with this process, as there are deadlines that may apply to your potential claims.

Contact the San Antonio residential construction claims lawyers at Lang Law Firm P.C.

The San Antonio residential construction claims lawyers of Lang Law Firm P.C. represents clients throughout central and south Texas, including San Antonio, Universal City, Hondo, Seguin, New Braunfels, Devine, Bexar County, Comal County, Medina County, Guadalupe County, Wilson County, and Atascosa County.

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, review our qualifications or call us to ask about our qualifications and experience.